Flashbacks Recycled Fashion

Flashbacks is known for its eccentric and sometimes bizarre clothing and accessories. “Everything’s unique and fun,” said sophomore Morgan Kuriger.

Lately, it seems as though everything old is new again. From the resurgence of vinyl to the emergence of the ‘90s aesthetic, many teens seem to have a fascination with the past.

This, of course, also includes fashion trends.

For those of you with a love for vintage and modern-with-a-vintage-twist clothing, Flashbacks is the perfect place for you.

Stocked with second-hand clothing from every decade between the 1920s and the ‘90s, Flashbacks is a melting pot of colors and textures. Among this mishmash of garments, you can find everything from ‘50s-inspired sockhop dresses to authentic ‘80s band tees. Since they’re constantly getting new items, you never know what kind of obscure piece you might come across.

“I like that it has lots of really really weird clothes,” sophomore Ashton Sargent said. “They’re all really cute and vintage.”

However, if you prefer more simple, modern attire, don’t be intimidated. If you don’t dig the vintage look that much, Flashbacks also carries contemporary clothing.

“I just like the variety of clothes and how you get things from different decades and different fashion trends,” sophomore Olivia Jolley said. “I like how they have a lot of old band tour T-shirts.”

Another thing Flashbacks is perfect for: costumes. Last summer, when my friend was throwing a ‘50s sockhop themed birthday party, Flashbacks had everything I needed. Not to mention, they have a large selection of colorful wigs at their Encinitas and Hillcrest locations.

“I recommend Flashbacks to everyone,” junior Hannah Brittain said, whose favorite clothing decades are the 40s and the 60s. “My mom really likes buy-and-sell stores and she told me about this cute little vintage shop that sells like all decades of clothing.”

One more nifty thing about Flashbacks is that you can sell them your unwanted clothing for money or store credit. Just be aware that they’re pretty picky about what they buy, so don’t expect to sell everything that you bring in.

Plus, with Christmas just around the corner, Flashbacks has an abundant stock of ugly Christmas sweaters.

Locations include:

570 Grand Ave, Carlsbad

576 S Coast Hwy 101, Encinitas

3849 5th Ave, Hillcrest