Sweater Weather

Jacob Champlin keeps warm by wearing his sweatshirt. As he walked into the rain he said, “Rain is good. It means I can wear my sweatshirts!”

“The cold never bothered me anyway!”

As December rolls in, the fall weather grows colder. We fight this chilling front with warm Starbucks drinks and sweaters!

“I love sweaters, they’re the best,” senior Tim Lum said. “I’m so excited it’s holiday season, I’m going to wear all my sweaters.”

Stores have stocked up with everything decked out in vibrant, autumn colors. The manikins in nearly every window show off new sweaters and sweatshirts.

Sophomore Morgan Kuriger said, “This weather makes me want to shop. My favorite thing to [do is] shop so, of course I want to buy sweaters.”

It seems to always be hot in Southern California and when this season brings even the slightest breeze, some people become overjoyed for the chance to wear sweaters.

“Even though it’s hot, I like wearing [a sweater] because I like the way it looks,” sophomore Aidan Highley said.

Sophomore Elizabeth Poling said, “I like the style better than tank tops and shorts, and I like scarves and boots with them.” She later added, “I just like the cold, and I always get to dress up for the cold.”

Sweaters and sweatshirts were made for warmth and comfort. They can be worn with almost anything.

Sophomore Jacob Champlin said, “I like them because they’re comfy; they’re nice and smooth.”

“I wear sweaters with leggings or jeans,” junior Bella Payne said, adding, “with Uggs, and sometimes with high waisted shorts.”

As it gets closer and closer to December, America is getting colder and colder. With the summer heat leaving and California getting colder, this is the time for sweaters!