Weekly Roundup 10/30-11/3

Paige Townsend, Reporter

Monday

from Lauryn Butler

Following the 2016 presidential election, Trump’s campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business partner Ricard gates were arrested on nine and eight criminal charges, respectively. Their main offenses were money laundering and conspiring with pro-Kremlin parties in Ukraine. Read more here.

Tuesday

from Savannah Benton

A federal judge in Washington blocked the Trump Administration’s proposition of allowing the military to ban transgender recruits, saying that the policy “does not appear to be supported by facts.” If the proposition had gone through, there would have been an overwhelming chance of a lawsuit declaring it unconstitutional.  Read more here.

Wednesday

from Sierra Lagge

The FBI had recently concluded that the person who killed eight pedestrians by driving a truck down a bike path in Manhattan had been planning the attack extensively. The incident was the deadliest terror attack on MYC since 9/11, and the perpetrator is said to have connections to those under investigation for terrorism claims. Read more here.

Thursday

from Dylan Stuflick

For the first time since the 1800s, a new chamber has been discovered in the Great Pyramid of Egypt. It is unknown what the chamber was used for, but it was at least 100 feet long and is located near the main burial chamber of ancient Egyptian king Khufu. This discovery was made possible thanks to advances in high-energy particle physics. Read more here.

Friday

from Amber Bacardi

Trump’s twitter account was deactivated for 11 minutes on Thursday when a Twitter customer support employee decided to go out with an bang on his last day. The account has since been restored. Read more here.